Thursday, October 22, 2009

{your} impact

because of you...
i love dancing, simply because you are my inspiration. i long to be skinny, tiny and prefect- just as you are. because of you, i have hope. I can handle self criticism, understand my imperfections and maintain my work ethic due to your example.

because of you....
i communicate daily in prayer. i humble myself to find strength. because of you, i try to always walk in paths of righteousness. I am eager to study and learn because i'm curious to discover your mysteries. my life's motives and goals are modeled after the example of your son. because of you, i am able to experience complete joy after wrestling with trials that you knowingly give me.

because of you....
i sleep with penguins. i cry tears of both joy and sadness. because of you, i have fallen in love. i love tuesdays, long distance mail, soccer games, steak, kissing and holding hands. i'm happy, hopeful and nervous because of our current situation of separation. because of you, i smile when i think of the future, look at our pictures or ponder about our memories and daydream about our soon-to-be memories.

because of you....
i am silly, love adventures, and car rides. because of you, i feel safety in knowing i have a best friend for life. i tell you my secrets, my thoughts, and share my laughter quite often with you. because of you, i am spoiled.

because of you (girls)....
i had the best summer of my life. because of each of you, i value friendship, inside jokes, pictures, stories and girl time spent in front of the mirror. i learned that you are my true friends, because i can be my complete self around you. because of you girls, i will be able to rely on friendships that will last forever. i know i can turn to you for a good laugh or a shoulder to cry on.

because of you....
i love to read. i set high expectations for myself. i love the gospel because i've grown up observing your example and testimony. because of you- i love diet coke, clusters of collectables, and i love being at home. i am grateful for our relationship, because you are my life.

because of you....
i am a dreamer, a lover and a go-getter. because of you the simple lessons of life are engraved on the back of my hand simply from watching you by way of example day in an day out. i am who i am today, because of you. i am strong, stable and secure.

because of you...
i love hummingbirds, wedding rings, perfume, and multi-colored yarn. because of you, i look forward to the life hereafter. i am gentle, elegant (most of the time, at least), and lonely-simply because i miss you. because of you, i love curlers, red lipstick tubes in there cases, pink candies, and the card game 'war'. because of your impact on my life, our memories are very vividly accessible in my mind.


2 comments:

  1. thank you for your lovely comment!
    Your blog looks so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you know how much I love & miss you and how much I love reading your blogs!! They make me happy :) Love you!! P.S."Check it out!...Okay!" haha good times

    ReplyDelete