Thursday, October 29, 2009

tag, you're it.


Well my friends, I've been tagged. Jules, bless her heart is responsible for the outcome of this post. I feel honored you picked me! I hope I can live up to your expectations of being a 'kreativ blogger'. (p.s. Julie, I love you and miss you more). I was flattered to receive the award, so thank you!

So, the rule of the award is to list '7 unknown things about myself, and then tag 7 others' to continue on with this creative chain of blogs. I'll do just that.
Here I go...

As a person, I am very sensitive. I hide it well, because I consider my sensitivity a 'weakness'. What people say to me or about me has a huge effect on my self confidence. Whether their comment be big or small... positive or negative... a compliment or criticism.... said to my face or behind my back.... I instantly analyze the connotation of what was said and evaluate myself accordingly. At times it is unhealthy- yet I learn so much about who I truly am. I have come to the conclusion that I am simply sensitive because I care so much about what people think of me or who people perceive me to be. My sensitivity triggers my bad habit of being a jealous little one.

Three temporal things I couldn't live without? 1. Jewelry. I wear it every day. I love it. Some of my pieces hold value, some don't. Some represent a memory, a promise, a loved one, or an event; while others are just fun trinkets. The way one accessorizes says a lot about a person. At least I think so. 2. I love food. Enough said. I am always eating, always craving goodies, and will never be able to lose weight because of my addiction. 3. Books. Books of all sorts. I love reading, learning, exploring imagination, and the feeling of being 'smart'.

Daily, I debate if falling in love easily is a weakness or a strength. A weakness because once you fall in love, your heart is vulnerable. A strength because your heart is big, easy to accept and open to love. Regardless, I am one of those hopeless romantics. I love love. I fall in love fast, get attached easily and dream passionately. I could watch a chick flick daily, read Pride and Prejudice over and over again, day dream of my wedding for hours, and cuddle and kiss my lover in Malaysia... and never grow tired of having the butterflies dance around in my stomach.

My heart belongs in Utah. With my family, of course. Having been born and raised in Salt Lake, I built the foundation of who I am; My morals, attributes, beliefs, mannerisms and traits are all rooted to the childhood I lived there. However, the experiences and trials that I have encountered while living away from home, have been the ones that have shaped and defined me as the person I am today. I'm lucky to have two backgrounds; each have had a monumental impact on my life.

I make the exact same wish every time the clock strikes 11:11. Read my horoscope every morning- without fail. I am superstitious. I lift my legs over every railroad crossing. Hold my breath through tunnels and past grave yards. I solute karma, because what goes around comes around. And lastly, I believe in fate... in the degree that God has a hand in all things.

No matter how close I am with a someone- no one knows the whole me. Why? Good question. I am a completely different person around my family. Completely different. I know that everyone says that they are different around their family- but I truly am. I am goofy, silly, crazy and confident. A person only my family has met. My mom often asks, "Are you like this with your friends?" And I always say no. In fact if my friends saw this side of me, they probably would go into shock.

My three biggest fears in life? 1. Throwing up. I can't do. I wont do. I hate it. You are lying when you say you feel better after throwing up. It haunts me, and always will. 2. Not ending up with my lover in Malaysia. I am in love- I have fallen hard for him. My heart is fragile and dependent on him; To have an ending other than "forever" would just shatter it. 3. Losing a loved one while living away from home. I wonder if I would be strong enough to cope with such a tragedy. I know I would beat myself up over the fact that I hadn't been with them during there last few days/months on earth.

Well, there you have it. I've been tagged and now "you're it!"





1 comment:

  1. elease! i just saw today that you tagged me, even though i read what you wrote a few days ago! well, i guess i have some writing to do... love ya,
    kate

    ReplyDelete