Sunday, October 4, 2009

Latter-day Saint

Conference was fabulous (for lack of a better word) this October. How lucky we are to have such prominent leaders and teachers in our lives. I am a changed person after witnessing the divine power of these magnificent followers of God. How motivational and inspiring it is to know that we are capable of becoming perfect through the Atonement. As shared, "perfection isn't impossible". We were taught this weekend the power of our modern day prophet, and his influence in our lives. We must be listeners, and further more take heed to his teachings. His words were brilliant. And already, I have stopped to ponder his advice in serving others. The question of the day... "What did you do for someone today?" I am anxious to have that as my principle guideline in life from this day forward. I find that service, helping others, or doing an act of kindness never fails to produce the most joy for me, personally. There is always an opportunity to help someone. Look for that opportunity and don't let it pass you by. How blessed I am to have a firm testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ. My life is better because of it. I was touched by a few specific talks today. One being that of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. How sincere his message, or rather witness, of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It brought tears to my eyes, as I realized how fortunate I am to say I believe in every word of his testimony and furthermore every word of the Book the Mormon. I say with great confidence and gratitude that I am a daughter of God. I am reminded of His perfection, love, mercy and commandments. After watching a weekend full of instruction, council and testimony I am determined to live life to the fullest and stand up for truth. It is not like me to share my thoughts about my beliefs, let alone "post" them; However, I do it in the up most reverence and hope that if you haven't already found the truth in your life... let my words be a catalyst in helping your quest for truth in your own life. I loved this weekend and gained so much insight. Thank you! Make sure you visit lds.org if you missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment