Wednesday, October 14, 2009

it's raining, it's pouring.

r a i n

It's a given that rain is one of my favorite things. Rain is refreshing, brilliant, and lovely. Yesterday, it literally rained from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. Non stop. A dark and gloomy day, but certainly a gorgeous one. The winds were howling. The air was wet and cold. The streets were flooded. And umbrellas and rain boots received their debut.

Yesterday's rainy day is what inspired this post, that I will continue to add to as my life lives on. Subject.... "My Favorite Things". Not a shocker, that rain is on the list- let alone the first thing. I love rainy days, running through puddles, wearing rain boots, and cuddling up inside. Whether it be a down pour or a light summer rain, I love it all.

However, I have two very specific reasons for falling in love with the rain. The first being, that the earth receives her shower. The world is extra gorgeous the day after a rain storm. It looks hydrated, greener, smells fresh and literally glows. I'm always stunned by the beauty of the earth after it's cleansed by a storm. Pure beauty.

My second reason being that my brain is flooded with memories on rainy days. Why? Simply because I have had glorious moments during rainy days. Let's be honest, we all know it's every girl's fantasy to fulfill her dream of kissing in the rain. How lucky I am to say I have fulfilled the aspiration. More than once, actually. One of my favorite memories to this day is the time that I kissed my-lover-in-Malaysia in a down pour. High school days, outside my house, leaning on his car. We were soaking wet. Not wanting to ever say goodbye that night in fear that that moment of sheer perfection and love would end.... reality hit when I went inside and found myself peeling off my wet jeans and wringing out my soaking wet hair. A night that will always be remembered. Better yet, it's a night he has chosen to keep in his memory box as well.

Who knows, maybe I love the rain because I love him. It's comforting to know when on rainy days we both think of each other. Miles away, the one thing we still have in common is our memories; And our rainy ones seem to be the best.

I love you RAIN. And I love you, lover-in-Malaysia.

2 comments:

  1. Elease you could write a book about your amazing life adventures and your lover-in-Malaysia. I love reading your blogs! You are such a good writer! Do it. Write a book.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that you refer to Norman as your lover-in-Malaysia. Absolutely ADORE

    ReplyDelete