Thursday, October 8, 2009

one of those days.

today. today. today.

I'm quite glad it's over. honestly.
tears. real alligator tears.
a breakdown. a mess. a realization.
I hadn't had a "bad day" in quite sometime; I was well over due for one.
it hit hard.
today, a wise teacher said, "we have wasted time. time we can never get back."
that hit hard.
I sat and thought of how piercing that sounded. the truth hurts.
a minute passed, is a minute gone. how did you spend that minute? or hour? or year?
we all have bad days. many of them in a lifetime.
they are necessary in helping us recognize our happy days.
suddenly my bad day turned into guilt. I felt guilty for "wasting" minutes on being upset.
on the contrary, it felt rejuvenating to cry at the end of the day.
a cry, a meltdown and a plea.
it was my turn to breakdown. and I took advantage of it.
the day has finally come to a close.
as I lay awake I wonder, why is it that when you are having a bad day, every single thing seems to go wrong? how peculiar.
I'm hopeful... hoping tomorrow will bring sunshine and smiles. happy minutes.
when it comes down to it, minutes are spent in numerous ways.
today my minutes were long, silent, angry, hurt, lonely, annoyed and stressful.
I'm okay with that. only this once.
new minutes tomorrow. what a glorious gift.

picture found here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this you beautiful woman. I miss you and your incredible view of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I hope yesterday got better for you! If I was with you we'd go get a diet coke, maybe talk about toilet papering somebody, and run around screaming, venting it out. I miss you leuticia! And I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete