Tuesday, October 6, 2009

{little} love letters

dear lover in Malaysia,
the distance is starting to become real. lately, you feel so far away. come home; only don't really. {437}. i am so proud of you. you inspire me. i love you. more than anyone. my heart belongs to you. i think about you daily; because unfortunately i can't see you. however, i sure dream of the day i'll see you next.... lots of kisses and hugs. tears too, I suppose. happy ones, though. good luck. remember i'm here for you. "i'll love you always and forever." MLF.
p.s.... my favorite day of the week is tuesday.

dear books upon bookshelves,
you're my favorite thing in the world right now. word after word. you withhold stories, laughter, fantasies, information, emotions of all sorts, mysteries, legends and so much more. the smell you produce when holding you up to my nose as i thumb through the pages.... is breathtaking. how am i ever going to read all of you? life's too short.

dear best friend,
i'm glad to have you back in my life. back as in healthy. life, rather these past three days, is incredibly lonely when you aren't around. i love our friendship. it will last through the eternities. we always disagree on nearly everything, but that doesn't matter. chats over diet cokes and adventures to the city are my favorite things to do with you. besides sharing the stage with you, of course. there is nothing like a best friend; and i'm the luckiest girl alive to have you fill that position in my life.
p.s.... thank you for everything.

dear skippy,
you have produced the staple in my life... peanut butter. it solves all of my problems but one. that one, being the ability to lose a few pounds. i'm working on that, though. it's safe to save i am in love, or merely obsessed with your product. creamy, please.

dear wedding magazines,
a simple thank you is well overdue: thank you for fueling my obsession. thank you for making my lonely days worthwhile. thank you for making my dreams seem possible. thank you for letting my creativity and ideas run wild. thank you for capturing the best moment of a lover's life. well done. i'm your number one fan.

dear the unknown (literally),
you are my biggest fear and threat right now. please make yourself known. you complicate the process of decision making. wouldn't it just be best, if you told me what i'm meant to do in life, or who i'm suppose to become? i think so. without your element, big decisions are hard enough as it is. i know you are a part of life, so i guess i will learn to love you. one day, i know i'll end up thanking you for forcing me to make my own decisions. you will be responsible for the shape of my character; meaning you'll make me the person i am. but for now, you are aggravating.

dear zits,
go away. i am an adult now, leave me alone. go bother a teenager's face. you are beyond annoying and ugly. that's all i have to say. sorry it is so negative.

dear future house to be,
please be small and homey. cover your brick in ivoy. a red door would be nice. be welcoming; because trust me, you will have lots of guests. your walls will be decorated with pictures explaining the lives of those you comfort and protect. as well as paintings that are handed down to me. windows galore. both inside and out, you'll have character. lots of it. you're one requirement? you will bring up my children providing a place they call home. and one they will come back to year after year. home sweet home.

dear mom and dad,
last but not least... i love you. endlessly. no words are great enough to express my love or gratitude. i am happy. you have done the finest job in raising me and encouraging me to follow my dreams. you will always be a part of my life. forever. xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. This is completely amazing, I love it!! From the biggest elements to the smallest details of life. Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear elease. I love you.
    dear december. please come sooner.

    ReplyDelete