Tuesday, November 10, 2009

pain, pain go away. come again another day.

dear pain in my mouth....
you are killing me. you have made these last few days nearly unbearable. please go away soon. really soon. i want to be "me" again. however, as the saying goes... "no pain, no gain". i have realized that i have taken for granted a few things as you have made my life miserable lately. this is what it comes down to...

i lOve sTraWs. and i can't use one for who knows how long.
(i seriously am obsessed with straws. I have hundreds at home- because i put one in every drink. i miss them.)

i've now called hOme at every hour of the day. my dAd as been a real saint through this.
he has managed to help and comfort me when being miles away. incredible.

i've taken for granted how lovely it is to be hOme when you are sick. I have been craving
my own BeD. huGs from mOm. and the security and comfort of simply being home.

you have no idea how much i miss sMilIng and LauGhiNg.
i don't feel like myself without those two elements.

"rule: no carbonated drinks for ten days." what!?! I haven't had a
DiEt CoKe in forever. not fair.
oh well, it has been a good thing for me. now, i might stand a chance at being able to give it up now. we'll see.

because of my lack of strength and constant pain, i have had to sit back and watch rehearsal. SO HARD.
I just want to dAnCe.

i would love to be able to sLeep through the entire night. i have missed dreaming.
i didn't realize how vital sleep was- until now. i feel crumby due to exhaustion.

lastly, i simply miss feEliNg gOod. one thing is for certain- i won't be taking pain
medicine for a long time. i have had too much. my tummy hurts. and my jaw kills.

i know you mean well, Pain. but, it's time for you to go. life is moving too fast now days for me to be stuck in bed. you have over stayed your visit- but because of that i have realized the true value of "the little things" in life. this is day 4. 4 is my lucky number. Maybe you could say farewell today and let me sleep tonight. it's been real; in fact these last four days have been a little too intense. take care. (frankly, i wont be missing you.)
love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment