Friday, April 9, 2010

'a little motivation'

this little quote was perfect for finding today. i feel so stressed, exhausted and simply at the end of my ropes.
i am in need of a little motivation right now.
sleeping beauty is taking the life out of me. my toes have had enough pain already. rehearsals are becoming too long, and to a degree, unbearable. my pointe shoes are dying by the second. my body feels as though it is ready to collapse at any given moment. and i feel as though i've learned enough choreography for five people.
i am not a winer or a complainer. i simply am just exhausted. my exhaustion has turned into stress. however, after reading this little quote i am determined to defeat my plague of exhaustion. i love knowing that pushing the hardest for something when you have nothing left in you, is when you accomplish the most. it starts by defeating your exhaustion mentally. anything is possible no matter the pain or tiredness.
i have it in me to finish this season out. i can do it.
i truly have fallen in love with this ballet more than i expected to. i am humbled at the opportunity i have been given to learn and perform it. through my pain, blistered toes, exhaustion, stress, frustration and long hours in rehearsal i am going to pull the ounce of motivation i have left in me and make the most of it.
wish me luck. i need it.
be motivated. we all have room to push ourselves.
and i'm the first to admit it.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. unreal. that quote is perfection. you are close to it and i miss you so badly. what is the date of the performance? lets pray it is not the weekend i have to fly home for the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete